I’ve breached Italy with 6,000 shock troops, I intentionally underestimated my army, I told the Grand Consul misinfo, I had an extra 7,000 fully equipped and trained shock and awe warriors hidden waiting for my orders in the Tiber. I was actively, consciously calculating the deception within the dream state itself.
The neon glare of Nexus-9 Space Station hummed through the deck plates, vibrating right up into my boots. Around us, the physical universe didn't make sense anymore—we were deep in the Geometric Sectors, a reality constructed entirely out of floating polyhedrons, razor-sharp triangles, and massive, rotating cylinders that served as battleships.
My tactical unit, the Vanguard Expeditionary Force, was fully locked and loaded. We looked like a lethal mosaic of chrome and hard light, ready to drop into the unknown.
Before the launch bay doors depressurized, I caught my dad near the primary cooling vents. The contrast was absurd, completely mad. I looked him dead in the eye, adjusted my pulse-rifle sling, and said, "We’re dropping hot. Target coordinates: Ancient Rome."
He didn't even blink. In the year 3022, temporal-spatial warfare was just another Tuesday.
The next thing I knew, the screech of atmospheric entry was gone. I was sitting in a brutalist, hyper-dimensional court, surrounded by the high elite of the Roman Senate. They wore traditional stoles woven with fiber-optic threads that pulsed with a soft, defeated blue light. They had surrendered without a fight. No agitation. No trouble. Just compliance.
I sat right in the dead centre of the chamber, looking down at these ancient rulers, casually firing back answers to their interrogations and laying down my occupation directives.
"I’ve breached the Italian perimeter with 6,000 shock troops," I told the Grand Consul, my voice echoing off the marble and plastasteel walls.
But inside my own head, a completely separate, hyper-lucid engine was running. That’s the beauty of it. I wasn't just executing a script; I was actively, consciously calculating the deception within the dream state itself.
My mind was firing with the exact same sharp, tactical awareness I use in waking reality. I knew, with absolute mathematical certainty, that I was feeding them the wrong data. I had underestimated my own military prowess on purpose. It was a beautiful, calculated trap.
As the Senators nodded, thinking they had measured my limitations, my internal monologue was laughing. Yeah, look at you. You think I’m weak. Let’s see what you do when you try to stage a counter-coup.
You have absolutely no idea that I’ve got a true, extra 7,000 elite soldiers hidden in the cloaked trenches along the banks of the Tiber, ready to wipe you out the second you misstep. 13,000 total. The data was locked in my head, safe, hidden, and completely real.
Before the trap could spring, the simulation shifted violently.
The tense political chamber dissolved into a chaotic, pulsing sea of sound and holographic lasers. It felt exactly like an ancient, legendary Woodstock or Glastonbury festival, reborn in the far future. I found myself in the middle of a massive crowd, locked in a heated, bitter argument with a local Italian operative and his sister. Sparks flew, hostile words were traded, but as the sub-woofers rattled our ribcages, the hostility suddenly melted away.
The sister disappeared into the neon fog of the festival crowd, leaving just the brother standing there. The tension was gone, replaced by a sudden, weirdly desperate diplomatic opening.
He leaned in close, his eyes reflecting the stage lights. "Can you pull some strings? Get me an ounce of cosmic herb?"
A surge of satisfaction hit me. Yes. He was hostile five minutes ago, and now he was coming to me as a provider. "Yeah, absolutely," I said smoothly, playing the role of the all-powerful occupier. "Go on home, get ready, and I'll have the package brought right to you."
He turned and slipped into the crowd, visibly excited, completely believing I was the man who could deliver.
But the moment his back was turned, reality slammed into my consciousness like a freight train.
My internal mind kicked into overdrive again, processing the raw data of the situation with terrifying lucidity. How the fuck, where the fuck am I going to find this now? I didn't have any herb. I didn't even know anyone in this sector. I had just fabricated a massive promise out of thin air solely for diplomatic leverage, and now I was completely cornered by my own bluff.
The sheer weight of that realization—the panic of 'Oh shit, I’ve just inherited a massive problem'—was so incredibly sharp, so utterly identical to how my brain solves crises in real life, that the sheer intensity of my own thoughts literally tore me straight out of the simulation.
I woke up, my mind still racing with the logistics of a war and a deal I had completely engineered from the inside out.
Comments
Post a Comment